It's been a crazy week and I went two days (TWO WHOLE DAYS!) without being on the computer. I know, two days isn't that horrible but it felt like a long time to me. I will seek professional help on my internet addiction, I promise (I am lying).
When I got back on the interestnet - it's a word, I swear! - I saw I got a lovely Liebster Award from my friend at Another Clean Slate. At first I was completely confused and felt really uneducamacated (I like using made up words). But then I read her whole post and was feeling all....
Don't worry, I have since claimed down.
For the award I post 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions given to me from Another Clean Slate and nominate other new bloggers. Let's start.....
11 facts about me
- I grew up hating the stereotype of wives and mothers. I have always vowed never to be one of "those" women. Now I find myself falling into some of those stereotypes and actually enjoying it.
- I love to sew. I love to refashion old clothes into something brand new.
- I like to cook. I don't love to cook because I am not very good at it. I always need recipes to cook anything - even jello.
- I try to read books as much as possible. I really enjoy Thrillers and Mysteries but I also like any non-fiction books that I can learn from.
- When I was growing up my mother worked a lot I remember how that felt, so I try to do as much as possible with my own children. I think I sometimes I drive my son crazy.
- Sometimes I get jealous of my child-less friends and go bar hopping with them. Then I stop being jealous because I just cannot hang. Hats off to my friends, but this mama can't handle drinking/staying up late anymore.
- Pinterest is my downfall. I have found so many cool things on there but I seem to lose track of time. I was on that site for an hour straight yesterday!
- My favorite TV shows are New Girl and The Walking Dead.
- I have P90X. It has worked for me in the past but the bottom line is I am just not motivated to do it everyday.
- My husband and I am have started "juicing." No, we are using steroids (I thought that same thing when he mentioned it). We are making our own healthy drinks using the juicer.
- I can turn pretty much anything into a bad joke.
11 questions and my answers:
- Why did you start blogging? The main reason I started this blog is because when I would look up topics I enjoy or could learn from, the blog posts would always included a strong religious undertone. While I do appreciate these blogs and religion in general, I am not religious. I thought someone should post and discuss certain topics (marriage, raising children, sexuality, etc.) without including their personal faith - so that everyone could benefit from it.
- How long have you been blogging? I started just this month! About 3-4 weeks now.
- What are some of your favorite blogs? Two of my favorite blogs are A Generous Wife and Lifehacker.
- What three things do you think are your best traits? I think I am caring, responsible, and funny.
- What three things do you think are your worst traits? At times I can be very guarded, indecisive, or lazy. All things I try to work on :-/
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? I am more of a morning person than a night owl. I like to get up early and get things done so I could relax during the rest of the day.
- What is your favorite things to do on a weekend? Play with the kids, spend time with the hubs or just read a book.
- What do you do to relax? Take a long shower, do my nails. Anything to pamper myself a little.
- How long have you known your oldest friend and how did you meet them? I have known my best friend for 14 years. We had the same crappy mall job when we were teenagers lol.
- What is your least favorite household chore? Scrubbing the toilet. That thing is just gross. It doesn't matter how much I clean it, it still grosses me out.
- What advice would you give to other bloggers? Just keep at it until you find your niche.
11 questions for the new nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is something that is on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite book?
- What song is stuck in your head lately?
- Favorite dessert?
- When you aren't blogging, what do you do for fun?
- What are your blogging goals for 2013?
- What is the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery?
- What is your least favorite household chore?
- What advice would you give to other bloggers?
Thanks again! I hope everyone has fun with this, can't wait to see everyone's post.