I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We aren't doing much this weekend - just relaxing and playing outside (it's still a little cold but the kids don't seem to mind). I just bought some sunflower seeds so we are going to plant those today. I also want to plant carrots since we use so many of them for our juices. More on that in a later post.
As for dinner, I am most looking forward to the Baby Back Ribs. It seems like anytime I make something covered in BBQ sauce, it's a big hit with the whole family. I find myself wanting to put bbq sauce on everything, in hopes that the kids will eat it lol.
3 pounds baby back ribs, trimmed
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup water
1/2 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour water into slow cooker. Layer the ribs into the slow cooker. Top the ribs with onion and garlic.
- Cook on High for 4 hours (or Low for 8 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Discard onion and garlic. Coat ribs with bbq sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, 10 to 15 minutes.
Now on to the rest of the week......
What's for Dinner: April 14- 20
Sunday - Balsamic Roast Beef, Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Monday - Sesame-Coated Chicken with Broccoli
Tuesday - Chicken Sausage Pizza
Wednesday - Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs
Friday - Family Night Out!
That's what we are having for dinner this week. What are your plans? Please list them in a comment below, I'm always looking for new ideas.