Thursday, May 2, 2013

Morning Madness





“Good morning, time to get up”
“Uggggggh! I don’t want to go to (insert any activity here)”

This is what I have to deal with. EVERY MORNING. It’s exhausting. A few weeks ago I saw a blog post written by a woman with a seemingly perfect family – where the children wake and get dressed on their own, come down for breakfast without incident. Where does this blogger live? Can I bring my kids to you? ……. Please?

I don’t know, maybe it’s because they are 5 and 6 years old but they never want to get out of bed. Ever. Even on the weekends: “Nooooo, I’m tired!” No one even asked them to get out of bed!

My son is even more difficult than my daughter – I have to pull teeth to get him to do anything:
“Let’s go to the playground”
“Nooooooo, I don’t want to!”

“Let’s go to the birthday party”
“Noooooo, I don’t want to!”

“Let’s go get some ice cream”
“Nooooooooooooo!”


Clearly, I am doing something wrong. I am convinced I am just a horrible, evil mother who makes her children go to school, playgrounds, parties, etc. Everything I have tried to do to make our mornings easier just doesn't work.


Please tell me I am not the only mother suffering through this every morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment